NEW FROM FAMILYLIFE: A BOOK ON
MEN’S VITAL NEED FOR ‘STEPPING UP’
Dennis Rainey Issues a ‘Call to Courageous Manhood’
NEWS SOURCE: Lovell Fairchild
- New book from award-winning author and FamilyLife co-founder Dennis Rainey
- Innovative “life stages” approach
- Available as e-book, a FamilyLife first
- On sale now
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – June 14, 2011 – In his new book, Stepping Up: A Call to Courageous Manhood, Dennis Rainey, FamilyLife co-founder and president, shows men of all ages how they can answer life’s inevitable challenges. Stepping Up is available now from FamilyLife Publishing and, for the first time from FamilyLIfe, in e-book format. Learn more at FamilyLife.com/SteppingUp.
“All men face decisions that require courage,” says Dennis. “One courageous choice leads to another, and today’s bravery builds tomorrow’s integrity.”
More than 10 years in the making, Stepping Up draws on Dennis’ years as an award-winning author and broadcaster; his decades-long involvement with FamilyLife’s vital marriage ministry; biblical insight; and inspiring stories of real-life heroic choices. Every man’s life has five stages, Dennis says, and he outlines how men can face them boldly:
- Boyhood: An age when tomorrow’s men explore and discover, often by watching the men around them.
- Adolescence: A time of testing limits when growing young men need to see manly courage modeled in how men treat women, each other, and themselves.
- Manhood: An age to step up to life, a continuing test of integrity; the courageous man rises to his challenges, choice by choice.
- Mentor: An age of impact and the payoff for living courageously, when men may invest in other men.
- Patriarch: A time for leaving a legacy built of brave choices through a courageous life.
Timely and essential, Stepping Up helps men journey beyond heredity and
upbringing to the lives that God wants for them and society needs from them. The pages echo Dennis’s trademark call to life: “The heredity you were handed is not as important as the legacy you will leave.”
- Stepping Up: A Call to Courageous Manhood is available now in hardback and e-book formats.